We are inviting our senior class parents to make both the Nueva Fund + Senior Glass Gift/RTP their philanthropic priorities.
Tuition alone does not cover the cost of a Nueva education. Our community’s annual support of the Nueva Fund helps nurture the magic that our students experience every day.
In addition to the Nueva Fund, we periodically seek financial support for significant capital projects and for our endowment. Capital campaigns are investments in the school’s future that serve generations of students to come. This fall of 2022, we are pleased to bring our capital campaign, Realize the Potential, to a resounding conclusion—with support from the entire Nueva community.
It has become an annual tradition for the parents of the graduating senior class to support the Realize the Potential capital campaign by making a gift to the Endowment for Professional Development as a way of thanking the dedicated teachers who have had such a profound impact on your students.
To ensure a successful conclusion to the campaign, a generous anonymous donor has offered to match each dollar given or pledged to the RTP/Senior Class Gift campaign by December 31, 2022, up to $2 million with renewed Nueva Fund support. That means every family who makes a Senior Class or RTP campaign gift and a Nueva Fund gift, will unlock a dollar-for-dollar match of their campaign gift!
Donors making RTP/Senior Class gifts of any size with an accompanying Nueva Fund gift will be included on recognition plaques on both our Hillsborough and San Mateo campuses.
The Nueva Fund–Our Most Important Fund
Most Nueva parents (and students!) agree there’s something magic about our school. The Nueva Fund makes that magic possible by supplying funds for the 10-15 percent of the annual budget that is not covered by tuition each year.
Nueva magic sponsored by the Nueva Fund includes:
- Exceptional faculty who are close observers of Nueva students and how they learn, providing feedback and coaching toward clear goals
- Design thinking for PreK through 12, embedded in curriculum and taught in dedicated I-Labs
- Internationally recognized SEL program
These are just a few examples. A Nueva Fund gift “Makes the difference” and has an impact on every student, every day. Learn more about the Nueva Fund in our FAQs below, or learn more about supporting Nueva generally here.
Senior Class Gift to the Endowment for Professional Development
The Endowment for Professional Development will live in perpetuity, supporting faculty and benefiting students for years to come. The Endowment will give teachers more time over the summer—with pay—to develop innovative new programs and curricula to benefit our students. It will also provide grants to faculty and staff for research and development, and to participate in programs, institutes and other meaningful professional opportunities. Learn more about the Senior Class Gift in our FAQs below, or learn more about supporting Nueva generally here.
- What is the Nueva Fund?
- How does the Nueva Fund impact the school?
- Why is the Nueva Fund the most important fundraising initiative at Nueva?
- Why is participation in the Nueva Fund so important?
- What is the timing of the Nueva Fund?
- What are the giving levels for the Nueva Fund?
- What is Nueva’s Leadership Circle?
- When and how do I make a commitment to the Nueva Fund?
- Can I pledge now and fulfill my pledge later in the school year?
- How can I learn more about the Nueva Fund?
- Who is being asked to support the Senior Class Gift to the Endowment for Professional Development?
- Is this a separate fundraising effort or is it part of the Realize the Potential (RTP) capital campaign?
- How will the Senior Class Gift to the Endowment for Professional Development be recognized?
- Does the Senior Class Gift to the Endowment for Faculty Professional Development exclusively support Upper School Faculty?
- How do endowed funds at Nueva work?
- Will I ever be asked to support the Senior Class Gift to the Endowment for Professional Development again?