January 4–7, 2022
Intersession, hosted each year during the first week following winter break, is a time for upper school students to engage in interdisciplinary exploration often on topics not found in a typical high school classroom. Students choose from nearly 200 sessions offered by artists, scholars, and experts covering a broad spectrum of topics around the arts, humanities, STEM, environmental citizenship, globalization, design thinking, and social-emotional learning. Since the founding of the upper school, Intersession has been a highlight of the year for Nueva students, and it is a core part of the Nueva learning experience.
Each year, we are honored by the amazing array of individuals who come to share their passion, experience, and talents with Nueva students.
Schedule for Intersession 2022
There will be three types of classes offered at this year's Intersession:
- Morning Seminar: for two days; four hours total
- Mid-day Activity: on one day; 90 minutes total
- Afternoon Seminar: for two days; four hours total
- Full-day Intensive: for two days; 12 hours total
- Activity 1 – Tues., Jan 4, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Activity 2 –Wed., Jan 5 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Activity 3 – Thurs., Jan 6, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Activity 4 – Fri., Jan 7, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Intensive 1 – Tues., Jan 4 & Wed., Jan 5, 8:45 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Intensive 2 – Thurs., Jan 6 & Fri., Jan 7, 8:45 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Seminar 1 – Tues., Jan. 4 & Wed., Jan 5, 8:45-10:45 a.m.
- Seminar 2 – Tues., Jan. 4 & Wed., Jan 5, 1:15-3:15 p.m.
- Seminar 3 – Thurs., Jan. 6 & Fri., Jan 7, 8:45-10:45 a.m.
- Seminar 4 – Thurs., Jan. 6 & Fri., Jan 7, 1:15-3:15 p.m.
- Athletics and Movement
- Business and Finance
- Design Thinking, CS, and Engineering
- Environmental Citizenship
- Equity and Social Justice
- Fine and Industrial Arts, Crafts
- Global Citizenship
- Human Biology and Medicine
- Literature, Communications, and Performance
- Math and Games
- Philosophy, Social Science, Law, and Politics
- Wellness and Lifeskills