The Innovative Learning Conference began at The Nueva School in 2007. Since then, educational experts, thought leaders, practitioners, and parents have come together every two years for provocative discussions on innovative education.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following us @NuevaILC.
- Assessments and Portfolios
- Catalysts for Change
- Creativity and Innovation
- Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Computer Science and Technology
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Design Thinking, Design Engineering, and Social Entrepreneurship
- Empathy and Mindfulness
- Equity and Social Justice
- Gifted Learners
- Globalization and Cultural Understanding
- Humanities, Literature, Language, and Literacy
- Innovations in Pedagogy
- Innovations in STEAM
- Integrated Technology
- Learning Beyond Textbooks
- Literacies for the 21st Century
- Music and Arts
- Re-imagining Secondary Education
- Social-Emotional Learning and Empathy
- Teaching Critical Thinking and Reasoning
- Teaching Styles, Methodologies, and Approaches
Education is a human endeavor and the relationships really matter. Students remember when a teacher really believes in them and it sets the course for their education."
– Charlotte Danielson
Author and 2017 ILC Speaker
Watching faculty in practice is so valuable, and the format of the sessions that I watched worked really well: They [the speakers] gave a brief intro before telling us what we were going to see, then we saw the teachers in action with students, and then gave time to debrief afterwards. Being in the classroom is useful and important to me."
– Megan Ryan
Teacher at Helios School for Gifted Children
I was blown away. It was easily one of the most impressive conferences I have attended. Spectacular group of presenters, amazing topics, and beautifully organized."
– 2015 ILC Attendee