Middle School (Grades 5–8)
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status. Don’t worry—by creating a profile for your student, you are not yet committing to apply, and you will gain access to explore all of our events.
Start by clicking the "Apply Online" button below.
- Our optional on campus Program Previews are for families interested in applying for the 2024–25 school year. The Program Preview provides prospective applicants and their parents/guardians a glimpse into life at Nueva. This is a unique opportunity to experience Nueva's teaching and learning and hear directly from current members of our community. The event will include demo lessons, presentations, and lively panels.
- Program Previews are held in October, November, and December.
- Registration for the optional Program Preview is required through Ravenna.
- We are excited for families to see our community in action! Come join us in Hillsborough for an optional tour of our middle school campus given by a community member. These tours are offered from mid-September to mid-December.
- Parents/guardians may register for this visit only after Part I of the application is submitted and processed. Space is limited—register soon!
Virtual Office Hours
- We know applying to an independent school can get a little overwhelming with many events, steps, and chances to learn more about the community. Our team is here to support you and your family.
- These optional office hours are hosted by the Admissions Team monthly from September to December. Open to parents/guardians, this is an opportunity to connect with a member of the Admissions Team to clarify any questions you have about the application process.
Additional Optional Events (all grades)
- We invite prospective families to register for optional admissions events to learn about the Nueva community. We offer workshops and panels covering topics such as student life, giftedness, equity & inclusion, life after Nueva, and financial assistance. Check your Ravenna dashboard for updates and more information.
- Inquire and create a Ravenna account
- Submit Part I of the application
- Complete Wechsler IQ Assessment
- Submit Timed Writing Sample and Analytical Thinking Exercise
- Submit Part II of the application
- Register for My Nueva Day and a Parent/Guardian Conversation
- Submit Part III of the application: Student Questionnaire and My Page
- Submit required supplemental materials
The Admissions Office appreciates and is always delighted to receive applications well in advance of the deadline! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528, or email email@example.com.
Nueva uses the Clarity platform to process all applications for tuition financial assistance. The financial assistance and supplemental documents are due February 2, 2024.
Director of Admissions