Lower School (Grades PreK–4)
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status. Don’t worry – by creating a profile for your student, you are not yet committing to apply, and you will gain access to explore all of our events.
Start by clicking the "Apply Online" button below.
Age Requirements to Apply for Pre-Kindergarten at Nueva (enrolling Fall 2024):
- Four years old by January 9, 2024: Children who meet this age requirement are eligible to apply during the first round of pre-kindergarten admissions. All application materials must be submitted by January 9, 2024.
- Four years old between January 9, 2024–March 9, 2024: While it is preferred that children be four years old when assessed, the minimum age for a child to sit for the WPPSI-IV (IQ assessment) is 3 years and 10 months. If your child takes the IQ assessment before January 9 and before they are 4 years of age, they can be considered during the first round of pre-kindergarten admissions. Alternatively, you can choose to wait until your child turns four to have them take the IQ assessment, in which case they would be considered during the late pre-kindergarten admissions process.
- Four years old between March 10–May 28, 2024: Children falling in this age range may apply through the late pre-kindergarten application process. IQ assessment results are due on March 28th, 2024, while all other application materials must be submitted by the January 9th deadline.
Approximately half of the PreK class is offered enrollment in March, and the other half in early April. Students who receive wait pool letters in March will be reconsidered for the second round of offers mailed in April.
Visit our FAQ page for more details about age eligibility for all grade levels (PreK-10).
Virtual Program Previews
- Our optional virtual Program Previews are for families interested in applying for the 2024–25 school year. This event provides prospective parents/guardians a glimpse into life at Nueva and is a unique opportunity to hear directly from current members of the community.
- The event will include presentations by our faculty and our leadership team. Participants will be able to ask questions about curriculum, student life, and more.
- Virtual Program Previews are held in October and November.
- RSVP is required; please login to Ravenna to register.
- We are excited for families to see our community in action! Come join us in Hillsborough for a tour of our lower school campus given by a community member. These optional tours are offered from mid-September to mid-December.
- Due to limited space, these tours are open only to parents/guardians of prekindergarten and kindergarten applicants who did not tour during the last admissions season.
Virtual Office Hours
- We know applying to an independent school can get a little overwhelming with many events, steps, and chances to learn more about the community. Our team is here to support you and your family.
- These optional office hours are hosted by the Admissions Team monthly from September to December. Open to parents/guardians, this is an opportunity to connect with a member of the Admissions Team to clarify any questions you have about the application process.
Additional Optional Events (all grades)
We invite prospective families to register for optional admissions events to learn about the Nueva community. We offer workshops and panels covering topics such as student life, giftedness, equity & inclusion, life after Nueva, and financial assistance. Check your Ravenna dashboard for updates and more information.
The Admissions Office appreciates and is always delighted to receive applications well in advance of the deadline! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528, or email email@example.com.
Nueva uses the Clarity platform to process all applications for tuition financial assistance. The financial assistance application and supplemental documents are due February 2, 2024.
Director of Admissions