The Nueva School has remained true to its mission to meet the needs of students with high potential, and to cultivate and serve intellectually and creatively gifted learners.
In considering students for admission, we look for evidence of:
- intellectual curiosity and engagement
- independent thought and depth of ideas
- creativity and flexibility in approach to problem solving
- divergent and critical thinking
- ability to listen to, build on, and contribute ideas
Part of the admissions process for Grades PreK-8 includes submitting the results of an IQ evaluation. The Nueva School currently accepts the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV) for children under six years old, and the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fifth Edition (WISC-V) for children six years old and older.
- What are the Wechsler Scales (WPPSI-IV, WISC-V)?
- Why do you use the IQ evaluation, and is there a minimum score to be eligible?
- How long is the IQ Test?
- How does my child get an IQ evaluation?
- Can my child test off-campus and what do I need to know?
- What does my child need to know for the IQ test?
- Can my child retake the test?
- Will I receive a copy of the results?
- What if I do not want to know the results?
- What if English is my child’s second language?
- Should I wait until my child is older to take the test?
- What should I tell my child about the test?
- Can I submit testing before the application?
- What if my child is unwell on the day of testing?
- What is the deadline for submitting outside test scores?
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate
to call 650-350-4528,
or email email@example.com.