Middle School Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status.
To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. You may also click here to download a middle school application checklist.
Step 1: Create an Account with Ravenna Solutions
Create a Ravenna Account to register for a tour, other admissions event, and/or to apply.
Step 2: Submit Part 1 of the Middle School Application & application fee of $90.
To be considered for a reduced application fee, please complete the Reduced Fee Application form and return to email@example.com.
Note: We must receive an application prior to testing on campus.
Step 3: Schedule a testing appointment for a Wechsler (WISC-V) IQ Evaluation
Please schedule your child’s WISC-V evaluation as soon as possible. In order to schedule an appointment Part I of the application must be submitted. Your child's test results and narrative are due January 14.
For on-campus testing
- Appointments are scheduled September through mid-January.
- Appointments are available through your Ravenna account.
- The testing fee is $450 for the WISC-V.
- To schedule an on-campus appointment, please submit Part I of your child's application.
- Please review the steps we have taken to provide safe, in-person testing, and our Informed Consent Form for on-campus testing.
For off-campus testing
- Please schedule your child's off-campus testing as soon as possible. You may do this before you apply to Nueva. Please click here for a list of psychologists in our area and Guidelines to Submit Testing.
- Note: This is not an endorsement for these psychologists or a comprehensive list of Bay Area psychologists.
- Your child's test results and narrative are due to the Admissions Office no later than January 14 for grades 5–8.
Learn more about the Wechsler IQ Assessment.
Step 4: Schedule Activity Session and Joint Writing Assessment
The Activity Session is similar to a Nueva classroom setting. Students engage in a fun ice-breaker, followed by a creative and collaborative group project and presentation. Grade 5 applicants will complete a math and writing sample during the Activity Session.
Note: Activity Sessions are scheduled after testing results and Part I of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Joint Writing Assessment
A group of peninsula schools 6-12 are working together proctoring a joint writing assessment. These schools have coordinated to allow students who apply to any of these schools to only have to do the writing sample once. Please do not register for a proctored writing sample session at more than one school or for more than one session at the same school as we have limited spaces for all applications. Students may only take the Proctored Writing Sample one time.
Note: The SSAT/ISEE will not be accepted for middle school (grades 6–8) or upper school (grades 9–12).
Step 5: Virtual Parent/Guardian Interview
The Virtual Parent Interview is a chance for you to meet with a member of our Admissions Team or Faculty. It is an opportunity to ask any questions you may have, while also allowing us to get to know more about your child and family. Interviews typically range from 20-25 minutes.
Note: Interviews are scheduled after testing results and Part I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 6: Submit Middle School Student Portion
Due by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline date:
- Student Questionnaire
- Submit My Page, which is an open-ended opportunity for your child to express his/her passions. Here is a quick how-to guide.
- Student Graded Writing Sample from your child's current school that includes comments, or grades, from his/her teacher. Please submit a sample from the current school year.
Step 7: Submit the Required Supplemental Materials
Student Evaluation Forms are completed and submitted to Nueva directly by the student's current teachers/counselor. Parents delegate evaluation forms through Ravenna. Teachers electronically submit forms through Ravenna. Please give the teachers plenty of time to complete these recommendations before the application deadline.
Supplemental Forms are due by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline date:
- Confidential Principal or Counselor Recommendation Form
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form
- Transcript Release Form and Transcripts (1–8): We require the previous year's progress reports/grades, standardized test scores, and the current grades when they become available. All materials should be uploaded to Ravenna.
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications
well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Si necesita ayuda en español, comuníquese con Lupe Ruiz, Asociada de Admisiones, email@example.com o llame al 650-350-4524.
The Nueva School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS).
Please review our Principles of Good Practice.
Apply for a Financial Award
Nueva uses the School and Student Services (SSS) platform to
process all applications for tuition financial awards.
Middle School Key Dates
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Supplemental Documents Due
Friday, January 7, 2022
Financial Award Applications Due
Friday, January 14, 2022
Off-campus WISC-V IQ Testing Due
Friday, February 4, 2022
Supplemental Financial Award Documents Due
Thursday, March 17, 2022
Decision Letters Mailed
Friday, March 18, 2022
Decisions Uploaded to Ravenna at 4:00 pm
Friday, March 25, 2022
Enrollment contracts and Deposits Due at 12 noon
Questions? Contact us
Recibir ayuda: firstname.lastname@example.org o llame al 650-350-4524
Director of Enrollment and Strategic Engagement
Associate Director of
Admissions, Middle School
Assistant Director of Admissions
Admissions Assistant, PreK-12