Middle School Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status.
To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. You may also click here to download a Middle School Application Checklist.
Step 1: Create an Account with Ravenna Solutions
Create a Ravenna Account to register for a tour, other admissions event, and/or to apply.
Step 2: Submit Part 1 of the Middle School Application & application fee of $90.
To be considered for a reduced application fee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We must receive an application prior to testing on campus.
Step 3: Schedule a testing appointment for a Wechsler (WISC-V) IQ Evaluation
Please schedule your child’s WISC-V evaluation as soon as possible. You may do this before you apply to Nueva. Your child's test results and narrative are due January 14.
For on-campus testing
- Appointments are scheduled September through early February.
- Appointments are available through your Ravenna account.
- The testing fee is $450 for the WISC-V.
- Submit Part 1 of your child's application before their on-campus test date or the application deadline, whichever date comes first.
- Please review the steps we have taken to provide safe, in-person testing, and our Informed Consent Form for on-campus testing.
For off-campus testing
- Please schedule your child's off-campus testing as soon as possible. You may do this before you apply to Nueva. Please Click Here for a list of psychologists in our area and Guidelines to Submit Testing.
- Note: This is not an endorsement for these psychologists or a comprehensive list of Bay Area psychologists.
- Your child's test results and narrative are due to the Admissions office no later than January 14 for grades 1-4 or February 4 for PreK and Kindergarten.
Learn more about the Wechsler IQ Assessment.
Step 4: Schedule Activity Session and Joint Writing Assessment
The Activity Session is similar to a Nueva classroom setting. Students engage in a fun ice-breaker, followed by a creative and collaborative group project and presentation. Grade 5 applicants will complete a math and writing sample during the Activity Session.
Note: Activity Sessions are scheduled after testing results and Part I of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Joint Writing Assessment
A group of peninsula schools 6-12 are working together to design a joint writing assessment. This will replace the SSAT/ISEE. This year, the SSAT/ISEE will be optional for Middle School (grades 6-8) and Upper School (9-12).
Step 5: Parent/Guardian Interview
Meet with our Admissions Staff, ask questions, and allow us to learn more about your child. Interviews typically range from 30-45 minutes
Note: Interviews are scheduled after testing results and Part I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 6: Submit Middle School Student Portion
Due by 5:00 pm, on the application deadline:
- Student Questionnaire
- Submit My Page, which is an open-ended opportunity for your child to express his/her passions. Here is a quick how to guide.
- Student Graded Writing Sample from your child's current school that includes comments, or grades, from his/her teacher. Please submit a sample from the current school year.
Step 7: Submit the Required Supplemental Materials
Student Evaluation Forms are completed and submitted to Nueva directly by the student's current teachers/counselor. Parents delegate evaluation forms through Ravenna. Teachers electronically submit forms through Ravenna. Please give the teachers plenty of time to complete these recommendations before the application deadline.
Supplemental Forms are due by 5:00pm on the application deadline:
- Confidential Principal or Counselor Recommendation Form
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form
- Transcript Release Form and Transcripts (1- 8): We require the previous year's progress reports/grades, standardized test scores, and the current grades when they become available. All materials should be uploaded to Ravenna.
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications
well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528,
or email email@example.com.
Si necesita ayuda en español, comuníquese con Lupe Ruiz, Asociada de Admisiones, firstname.lastname@example.org o llame al 650-350-4524.
The Nueva School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS).
Please review our Principles of Good Practice.
Middle School Key Dates
Thursday, January 7, 2021
Supplemental Documents Due
Friday, January 8, 2021
Financial Award Applications Due
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Off-campus WISC-V IQ Testing Due
Monday, February 1 - Friday, February 5 2021
Supplemental Financial Award Documents Due
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Decision Letters Mailed
Friday, March 19, 2021
Decisions Uploaded to Ravenna at 4:00 pm
Friday, March 26, 2021
Enrollment contracts and Deposits Due at 12 noon
Questions? Contact us
Recibir ayuda: email@example.com o llame al 650-350-4524
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of
Admissions, Middle School
Assistant Director of Admissions
Admissions Assistant, PreK-12
Apply for a Financial Award
Nueva uses the School and Student Services (SSS) platform to
process all applications for tuition financial awards.