Middle School Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status.
To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. You may also click here to download a Middle School Application Checklist.
Step 1: Create an Account with Ravenna Solutions
Create a Ravenna Account to register for a tour, other admissions event, and/or to apply.
Step 2: Submit Part 1 of the Middle School Application & application fee of $90.
To be considered for a reduced application fee, please contact us at email@example.com.
Note: We must receive an application prior to testing on campus.
Step 3: Schedule a testing appointment for a Wechsler (WISC-V) IQ Evaluation
Please schedule your child’s WISC-V evaluation as soon as possible. You may do this before you apply to Nueva. However, if you choose to have your child test on-campus, you will need to submit Part I of the Nueva application before your child’s on-campus test date. If you choose to have your child test off-campus, test results are due January 16.
Note: To be considered for a reduced testing fee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For on-campus testing
- Appointments are scheduled September through early February.
- Appointments are available through your Ravenna account.
- The testing fee is $325 for the WISC-V Evaluation.
- Submit Part 1 of your child's application before their on-campus test date or the application deadline, whichever date comes first.
For off-campus testing
- A licensed psychologist of your choice must submit the Authorization for Release/Exchange of Confidential Information directly to the Admissions Office no later than January 16, 2020 for the WISC-V. Your child's application due date remains unchanged: January 9, 2020.
- Please review and share our Guidelines to Submit Testing with the administering psychologist.
Learn more about the Wechsler IQ Assessment.
Step 4: Schedule Campus Visit and Activity Session
The campus visit is an opportunity for your child to experience "life at Nueva" by accompanying Nueva students through their school day. Applicants to grades 6-8 will complete a math and creative writing sample in our Admissions Office during their visit.
The Activity Session is similar to a Nueva classroom setting. Students engage in a fun ice-breaker, followed by a creative and collaborative group project and presentation. Grade 5 applicants will complete a math and writing sample during the Activity Session.
Note: Campus Visits and Activity Sessions are scheduled after testing results and Part I of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 5: Parent/Guardian Interview
Meet with our Admissions Staff, ask questions, and allow us to learn more about your child. Interviews typically range from 30-45 minutes
Note: Interviews are scheduled after testing results and Part I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 6: Submit Middle School Student Portion
Due by 5:00 pm, on the application deadline:
- Student Questionnaire
- Submit My Page, which is an open-ended opportunity for your child to express his/her passions. Here is a quick how to guide.
- Student Graded Writing Sample from your child's current school that includes comments, or grades, from his/her teacher. Please submit a sample from the current school year.
Step 7: Submit the Required Supplemental Materials
Student Evaluation Forms are completed and submitted to Nueva directly by the student's current teachers/counselor. Parents delegate evaluation forms through Ravenna. Teachers electronically submit forms through Ravenna. Please give the teachers plenty of time to complete these recommendations before the application deadline.
Supplemental Forms are due by 5:00pm on the application deadline:
- Confidential Principal or Counselor Recommendation Form
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form
- Transcript Release Form and Transcripts (1- 8): We require the previous year's progress reports/grades, standardized test scores, and the current grades when they become available. All materials should be uploaded to Ravenna.
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications
well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528,
or email email@example.com.
Si necesita ayuda en español, comuníquese con Lupe Ruiz, Asociada de Admisiones, firstname.lastname@example.org o llame al 650-350-4524.
The Nueva School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS).
Please review our Principles of Good Practice.
Middle School Key Dates
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Supplemental Documents Due
Friday, January 10, 2020
Financial Award Applications Due
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Off-campus WISC-V IQ Testing Due
Friday, February 7, 2020
Supplemental Financial Award Documents Due
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Decision Letters Mailed
Friday, March 20, 2020
Decisions Uploaded to Ravenna at 4:00 pm
Friday, March 27, 2020
Enrollment contracts and Deposits Due at 12 noon
Questions? Contact us
Recibir ayuda: email@example.com o llame al 650-350-4524
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of
Admissions, Middle School
Assistant Director of Admissions
Associate Director of
Admissions, Lower School
Apply for a Financial Award
Nueva uses the School and Student Services (SSS) platform to
process all applications for tuition financial awards.