Lower School Application Process
Step 1: Create an Account with Ravenna Solutions
Create a Ravenna Account to register for a tour, other admissions event, and/or to apply.
Step 2: Submit Part 1 of the Lower School application & the application fee of $90
Age requirements for year of entry:
- First Round Prekindergarten: 4 years old by February 1
- Late-Birthday Prekindergarten: turn 4 years old between February 2 - June 1
- Rolling Prekindergarten: turn 4 years old between June 2 - September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years old by September 1
- First grade: 6 years old by September 1
PreK Only: Late birthday applicants (children born February 2-June 1)
Approximately half of the PreK class is offered enrollment in March, and the other half in early April. Students who receive wait pool letters in March will be reconsidered for the second round of offers mailed in April.
PreK Only: Rolling admissions process (children born June 2-September 1)
The majority of our PreK class will be offered admission in March and April. If we have space in the PreK class after late-April, we will accept PreK applications from children with birthdays from June 2 to September 1.
Note: All families interested in Rolling Admissions for PreK are required to contact us before proceeding with the scheduling of your child's IQ test or submitting the Nueva Application.
Step 3: Schedule a testing appointment for a Wechsler IQ Evaluation
If your child is under six years old, register them for the WPPSI-IV IQ Evaluation. If your child is over six years old, register them for WISC-V Evaluation.
Note: To be considered for a reduced testing fee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For on-campus testing: Grades PreK–4
- Appointments are scheduled September through early February.
- Appointments are available through your Ravenna account.
- The testing fee is $350 for WPPSI-IV or $450 for the WISC-V.
- To schedule an on-campus appointment, please submit Part I of your child's application.
- Please review the steps we have taken to provide safe, in-person testing, and our Informed Consent Form for on-campus testing.
Note: Appointments are limited and fill quickly. By early December they are usually booked.
For off-campus testing: For grades PreK–4
- Please schedule your child's off-campus testing as soon as possible. You may do this before you apply to Nueva. Please click here for a list of psychologists in our area and review our Guidelines to Submit Testing.
- Note: This is not an endorsement for these psychologists or a comprehensive list of Bay Area psychologists.
- Your child's test results and narrative are due to the Admissions office no later than January 14 for grades 1–4 or January 28 for preK and kindergarten.
Learn more about the Wechsler IQ Assessment.
Step 4: Virtual Parent/Guardian Interview
Meet with our Admissions Staff, ask questions, and allow us to learn more about your child. Interviews typically range from 30–45 minutes.
Note: Interviews are only scheduled after testing results and Part I and Part II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 5: Schedule an Activity Session – PreK–4
The Activity Session is similar to a Nueva classroom setting. Students engage in group meeting time, age-appropriate math, reading, and writing activities, and free play or collaborative design challenges.
Note: Activity Sessions are scheduled after testing results and Parts I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 6: Required Supplemental Materials
Student Evaluation Forms are completed and submitted to Nueva directly by the student's current teachers. Parents delegate the evaluation forms through Ravenna. Teachers electronically submit forms through Ravenna. Please give the teachers plenty of time to complete these recommendations before the application deadline.
Supplemental Forms are due by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline:
- Common Confidential Student Evaluation Form (PreK and K)
- Nueva Confidential Student Evaluation (PreK and K)
- Common Confidential Student Evaluation Form (Grades 1–8)
- Transcript Release Form and Transcripts (Grades 1–8): We require the previous year's progress reports/grades, standardized test scores, and current grades when they become available. All materials should be uploaded to your child's Ravenna account.
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications
well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528,
or email email@example.com
Si necesita ayuda en español, comuníquese con Lupe Ruiz, Asociada de Admisiones, firstname.lastname@example.org o llame al 650-350-4524
The Nueva School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS).
Please review our Principles of Good Practice.
Apply for a Financial Award
Nueva uses the School and Student Services (SSS) platform to
process all applications for tuition financial awards.
Lower School Key Dates
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Supplemental Documents Due
Friday, January 7, 2022
Financial Award Applications Due
Friday, January 14, 2022
Off-campus IQ Test Results Due for grades 1-4
Friday, January 28, 2022
Off-campus IQ Test Results Due for PreK and K
Friday, February 4, 2022
Supplemental Financial Award Documents Due
Thursday, March 17, 2022
Decision Letters Mailed
Friday, March 18, 2022
Decisions Uploaded to Ravenna at 4:00 pm
Friday, March 25, 2022
Enrollment Contracts and Deposits Due at 10:00 am
Late Birthday – PreK
Friday, April 8, 2022
Decision Letters Mailed and Uploaded to Ravenna at 12pm
Friday, April 15, 2022
Enrollment Contracts & Deposit Due
Questions? Contact us
Recibir ayuda: email@example.com o llame al 650-350-4524
Director of Enrollment and Strategic Engagement
Associate Director of
Admissions, Lower School
Admissions Assistant, PreK-12