Lower School Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Nueva! Through Ravenna Solutions, our online admissions system, you can sign up for events and campus tours, fill out and submit application components, and monitor your application status.
To access all of these features, click the "Apply Online" button below. You may also click here to download a Lower School Application Checklist.
Step 1: Create an Account with Ravenna Solutions
Create a Ravenna Account to register for a tour, other admissions event, and/or to apply.
Step 2: Submit Part 1 of the Lower School application & the application fee of $90
To be considered for a reduced application fee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Requirements for year of entry:
- First Round Prekindergarten: 4 years old by February 1
- Late-Birthday Prekindergarten: 4 years old by June 1
- Rolling Prekindergarten: 4 years by September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years old by September 1
- First grade: 6 years old by September 1
PreK Only: Late birthday applicants (children born February 2-June 1)
Approximately half of the PreK class is offered enrollment in March, and the other half in early April. Students who receive wait pool letters in March will be reconsidered for the second round of offers mailed in April.
PreK Only: Rolling Admissions Process (children born June 2-September 1)
The majority of our PreK class will be offered admission in March and April. If we have space in the PreK class after late-April, we will accept PreK applications from children with birthdays from June 2 to September 1.
Note: All families interested in Rolling Admissions for PreK are required to contact us before proceeding with the scheduling of your child's IQ test or submitting the Nueva Application.
Step 3: Schedule a testing appointment for a Wechsler IQ Evaluation
If your child is under six years old, register them for the WPPSI-IV IQ Evaluation. If your child is over six years old, register them for WISC-V Evaluation.
Note: To be considered for a reduced testing fee, please contact us at email@example.com.
For on-campus testing
- Appointments are scheduled October through early February.
- Appointments are available through your Ravenna account.
- The testing fee is $275 for WPPSI-IV and $325 for WISC-V.
- Submit Part 1 of your child's application before their on-campus test date or the application deadline, whichever date comes first.
For off-campus testing
- A licensed psychologist of your choice must submit the Authorization for Release/Exchange of Confidential Information directly to the Admissions office no later than January 25 for the WISC-V or February 8 for the WPPSI-IV. Your child's application due date remains unchanged.
- Please review and share our Guidelines to Submit Testing with the administering psychologist.
Learn more about the Wechsler IQ Assessment.
Step 4: Schedule a Campus Visit – Grades 2-4 Only
The Campus Visit is an opportunity for your child to experience "life at Nueva" by accompanying Nueva students through their school day.
Note: Campus Visits are scheduled after testing results and Part I of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 5: Parent/Guardian Interview
The Parent/Guardian Interview is an opportunity to meet with one of our Admissions Staff, ask any questions, and allow us to learn more about your child. Interviews typically range from 30-45 minutes.
Note: Interviews are scheduled after testing results and Parts I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 6: Schedule an Activity Session – PreK-4
The Activity Session is similar to a Nueva classroom setting. Students engage in group meeting time, age-appropriate math, reading, and writing activities, snack, and free play or collaborative design challenges.
Note: Activity Sessions are scheduled after testing results and Parts I and II of the application have been submitted and reviewed by our Admissions Office. You are given a code to register.
Step 7: Required Supplemental Materials
Student Evaluation Forms are completed and submitted to Nueva directly by the student's current teachers. Parents delegate the evaluation forms through Ravenna. Teachers electronically submit forms through Ravenna. Please give the teachers plenty of time to complete these recommendations before the application deadline.
Supplemental Forms are due by 5:00 pm on the application deadline:
- Common Confidential Student Evaluation Form (PreK-1)
- Nueva Confidential Student Evaluation (PreK-1)
- Common Confidential Student Evaluation Form (Grades 2-8)
- Transcript Release Form and Transcripts (Grades 1-8): We require the previous year's progress reports/grades, standardized test scores, and current grades when they become available. All materials should be uploaded to your child's Ravenna account.
The Admissions Office is always delighted to receive applications
well in advance of the deadline!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 650-350-4528,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nueva School is a member of the Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA) and Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS).
Please review our Principles of Good Practice.
Lower School Key Dates
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Supplemental Documents Due
Friday, January 11, 2019
Financial Award Applications Due
Friday, February 8, 2019
Off-campus WPPSI-IV IQ Testing Due
Friday, February 8, 2019
Supplemental Financial Award Documents Due
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Decision Letters Mailed
Friday, March 22, 2019
Decisions Uploaded to Ravenna at 4:00 pm
Friday, March 29, 2019
Enrollment Contracts and Deposits Due at 10:00 am
Late Birthday – PreK
Friday, April 12, 2019
Decision Letters Mailed and Uploaded to Ravenna at 4pm
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Enrollment Contracts & Deposit Due
Questions? Contact us
Apply for a Financial Award
Nueva uses the School and Student Services (SSS) platform to
process all applications for tuition financial awards.