Upper School Quest
Nueva Quest gives students the unique opportunity to pursue their own interests throughout their four years of high school. Students may elect to pursue one field of study over four years or to frame and complete a series of different Quests, each taking one or more years. Quest is an opportunity for students to practice design thinking by crafting personal in-depth inquiry in a self-selected area of evolving passion.
Quest teachers, mentors, online resources, and internships support students, guiding them as they improve mastery in their areas of passion while teaching them how to recruit future mentors and navigate in the real world. Quest is an extension of the eighth-grade Recital Project established more than twenty years ago.
During Quest, students will...
- Identify needs and interests through reflection, observation, and inquiry
- Identify experts, locate resources, and research to learn subject matter
- Immerse themselves in deep thinking and empathy, developing deeper understanding of relevant information and user needs
- Invent a course of study and/or action, large enough to allow for innovation and bounded enough to allow for success
- Brainstorm potential obstacles and issues, analyze courses of action
- Prototype in a cycle that allows for incorporation of feedback on an iterative basis
- Persevere to accomplish their goals