2023 Innovative Learning Conference
Join us this fall as we reimagine how schools facilitate and inspire learning!
Thursday, October 26 & Friday, October 27, 2023
Hillsborough & San Mateo Campuses
About 2023 ILC
At a time characterized by open knowledge systems, new technologies, inclusive communities, and diverse perspectives, the Innovative Learning Conference (ILC) at The Nueva School in the San Francisco Bay Area is a call to reimagine the way schools facilitate learning.
Returning for the first time since 2019, this year’s reworked conference will offer educators, researchers, parents, and students meaningful resources to better understand and adopt innovative learning strategies.
The theme of ILC 2023 is The Power of Perspectives: Envisioning our Collective Future.
Conference participants will experience:
- Thought-provoking, open conversations, and facilitated explorations of modern learning contexts
- Inspirational ideas, creative connections, joyous learning, and a focus on your burning questions
- Space and time to reflect and process these ideas in the context of each participant's current needs
- A network of like-minded practitioners to support the ongoing implementation of what you learn
In the coming weeks, we will be sharing more program details. Look out for future emails from Nueva or bookmark our ILC webpage now!
- Foundational Teaching Skills
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Creativity and Innovation
- Design Thinking
Design Engineering and Entrepreneurship
- Equity in Education
- Globalization and Cultural Understanding
- Integrated Technology
- Teaching Critical Thinking and Reasoning
- Gifted Education
Meeting the needs of gifted and talented learners
- Social-Emotional Learning
Empathy and Mindfulness
Wellness for our shared future
Lee Fertig, head of school
Diana Chamorro, co-chair
Sarah Koning, co-chair