Visible Learning Project exhibits are displayed at each division providing students, teachers, parents, and campus visitors with a dynamic and informative space to celebrate and reflect upon learning at Nueva.
Over the course of an academic year, each grade participates in the documentation process capturing the full life cycle of a project from inception through completion, presentation, and assessment.
The Visible Learning Project Aims to Authentically Document Learning at Nueva for Our Community
For our students by honoring their efforts over the course of a project and beyond
For our teachers by enabling reflection on their practice through conversation and the powerful process of documentation
For current Nueva families by providing a window into the depth and intentionality of the work happening in and beyond their own child’s classroom
For our prospective Nueva families by allowing them to experience the full breadth of a typical project or study at Nueva
For the many various visitors on our campuses by showcasing our learning process across all grade levels
Displays May Include
– a project overview including grade, objectives, and disciplines
– the genesis of the project including: classroom and program context, assignment details, and materials used
– photos and examples of brainstorming and preliminary work
– interviews with teachers and students
– iterations of inquiry and process
– documentation of final results
– examples of reflection, feedback, and assessment